FATBACK ALASKA EDITION HUBS
The symmetrical hub was created right here at Fatback. Some industry folks said it couldn’t be done (back in the day). Not only could it be done, we had already done it! Our hubs deliver the best possible performance and reliability.
When looking at modern bike wheels, the gears (cassette) take up a considerable portion of the width, creating what’s known as “dish.” This means the drive side spokes are virtually vertical, while the non drive spokes are angled outwards, which necessitates a different spoke tension laterally. With the Fatback symmetrical hub, all spokes are the same length, and under the same tension!
Now on version three of our Alaska Edition hubs, we have reduced weight and drag, while increasing stiffness, durability, and engagement. We use high quality, low friction Japanese bearings with extreme temperature grease rated to -40°C for proven performance in extreme cold. We have also updated the free hub bodies to have 3 rows of bearings to distribute stress evenly with today’s wide range cassettes and to increase strength and durability in all conditions.
- Front available in 15x150mm or 15x135mm hub spacing
- Rear available in 12x197mm only
- Sram XD or Shimano free hub options
- 6 pawl – 72 points of engagement
- The original symmetrical fat bike hubs, spoke lengths are same left and right, front and rear, creating the strongest, most well balanced wheelset possible
- 3 rows of bearings in the free hub bodies for added strength for todays wide range cassettes.
- Japanese low contact, -40° rated bearings.
- 32 hole
Questions? Fill out this form and we’ll get back with you straight away!